Saturday, May 3, 2014

Nigerian wood mask, 'My Beautiful

@ Nigerian wood mask, 'My Beautiful - Are you looking for sale Nigerian wood mask, 'My Beautiful?
Image of NOVICA

NOVICA was one of the highest quality brand in market.

NOVICA, in association with National Geographic, searches the world to work directly with the finest artisan designers. Sculpted by hand of native African rubberwood, this face depicts a woman of youthful beauty. Long lashes frame demure eyes and applications of aluminum create intricate patterns on her cheeks and forehead. "Among the Hausa people of Nigeria, such masks are given to a woman by a man as a wedding proposal," says artisan Abdul Aziz Mohamadu. "If she does not return the mask, it means the proposal as been accepted." Named Shawa - Hausa for "Lover's Beauty" - the mask is rubbed with white clay for an aged effect.

Abdul Aziz Mohamadu says,
"In 2000, I went into carving and since then I have never regretted it. But I haven't abandoned painting completely either."



  • Rank: #2992897 in Home
  • Brand: NOVICA
  • Dimensions: 6.70" h x13.40" w x3.50" l,1.04 pounds
  • Handmade by Abdul Aziz Mohamadu. Normally ships directly from West Africa within 10 days.
  • A fair trade product by NOVICA in association with National Geographic

Who Sells Nigerian wood mask, 'My Beautiful Lover'

No comments:

Post a Comment